Rather than a single stand-alone report, the JSNA comprises a set of interactive reports that provide access to the latest data to understand the current and future health and wellbeing needs of our population. These are accompanied by downloadable reports that provide a detailed analysis of various aspects of health and wellbeing needs across the life course. These resources look at the social circumstances that affect health outcomes for example poverty, education, digital exclusion, employment or housing in order to highlight avoidable differences people’s health which are known as health inequalities. The social circumstances affecting health outcomes are known as the wider determinants of health. The Essex JSNA is organised using the County Health Rankings model, a wider determinants of health model which was developed by the Robert Wood Johnson foundation and the University of Wisconsin – click here for more information about it.
JSNA resources are organised into the following themes:
• Health outcomes (length of life and quality of life, including mental health);
• Health behaviours;
• Clinical Care;
• Social & economic factors; and
• Physical environment factors.
Within each section you can find:
• data dashboards on a range or specific topics; and
• analytical briefings and research reports that reflect key issues relevant to the overall themes
The JSNA also includes a series of overarching resources – dashboards and reports that are relevant to all themes (e.g. deprivation indices) and links to analytical platforms that allow for more localised analysis.
Essex’s JSNA products have been developed, wherever possible, using a common geographical hierarchy for the analysis of results. This analysis includes:
• the Essex county footprint;
• the fourteen local authority areas within Greater Essex; and
• the areas of the ICS that sit within the Greater Essex area.
We have also attempted to ensure that products use a common set of statistics comparators (e.g. England; East of England region; identified statistical neighbours).